You love your cat or dog, this comes without saying. But you have to admit that no matter how great your love is, there are times that you wish you have got a fish in a bowl, or no pet at all. Unpleasant pet odor might very well turn out to be the most common reason for such hard feelings.
But have no fear! Either call up your local professional cleaners like Carpet Cleaning Kensington a couple of times a year in order to refresh your carpets and upholstery and remove the unpleasant smells, or in case you feel confident in your cleaning abilities, follow those easy steps that will both help you get rid of pet odor, and give a fresh new look to your household:
- The first thing you have to do is gather the supplies needed in order to get the pet odor and stain cleaning job done. Those include a towel (or better – an absorbent rag), bacteria digester, plastic rag, white vinegar and water.
- If the stains are fresh start off by placing the towel or rage on the spot in order to blot the liquid. Apply gently and then press it harder so that more of it is absorbed. Change the towel with a fresh one if necessary.
- Any pet store would sell you quality bacteria digester to apply on the damaged area after you have gotten rid of the liquid. It is actually the most efficient solution to getting rid of both the stain and the odor. Have in mind that the products usually have to stay for some time before they have effect, so read the label carefully and follow the instructions on it.
- In order to achieve best results, cover the damaged area with a plastic wrap after you have applied the bacteria digester. Thus you will prevent the solution from drying out and it will reach the deep parts of your carpet/upholstery’s fabrics.
- If the stain is really serious, you will have to treat the damaged area before you apply the digester with a simple homemade solution that will ensure no unpleasant pet odor remains. The solution in question is prepared by mixing a cup of white vinegar with a gallon of warm water. All you have to do is rinse the stain with it, and then apply the bacteria digester following the steps that have been described above.